The GNIS curriculum:
- To provide quality education at pre-school, primary school and secondary school levels.
- To develop the whole child by providing broad opportunities in academic,physical, social and cultural development. To understand and appreciate Chinese language and culture.
- To recognise the importance of protecting our environment through curriculum and school-wide programmes.
- To develop in students a positive attitude toward education, which will promote lifelong learning.
- To prepare students for acceptance into the workplace, universities and colleges throughout the world.
- To encourage students to treat others with dignity and develop a sense of belonging and social responsibility.
- To promote growing links with local and international education communities and organisations.
Guided by our principles, the school shall make every effort to:
- Develop in each student a mastery of the skills of effective communication.
- Develop responsible individuals who possess the ability to think clearly, logically and independently while ensuring their ability to solve problems.
- Develop in each student an understanding and appreciation of global social perspectives and practices throughout the world.
- Encourage students to have a realistic understanding of themselves while striving to reach their potential.
The GNIS curriculum:
- Reflects a coherent and orderly progress of objectives from Pre-Nursery to Year 13.
- Is designed to develop in the students a broad understanding of differentcultures.
- Promotes integration across subject areas to promote holistic learning.
- Permits students to enter GNIS and subsequent schools with minimum academic disruption.
- Provides maximum growth for individual students and is designed to emphasise problem solving, inquiry, discovery, self-direction, as well as creative and critical thinking.
- Accommodates students with varying learning and language abilities.
- Is reviewed regularly in the light of new developments in education and the needs of the international community.
- achers will provide the best possible education for each student by encouraging and requiring creative and critical thinking while stressing maximum involvement of the student in discovery, inquiry and problem solving.
- In order to enhance the probability of success, teachers will keep students and parents informed of the students’ progress.
- Within the established curriculum, teachers will provide appropriate differentiation to accommodate individual differences in achieving academic excellence and educational objectives.
- Teachers will structure and teach content in a positive environment that is conducive to learning.